Director of Vertical Solutions-Retail
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
The Director, Vertical Solutions – Retail is part of the Epsilon Product Team responsible for driving significant revenue growth in the next 3 years. The Director will define Retail-specific solutions, develop relevant bundled solution packages, and own the vertical business plan for the most advanced digital marketing products in the industry. This role will be the internally and externally facing vertical product leader who owns the Media component of vertical cross-sell efforts, establishes and continuously evolves the vertical product offering, solution roadmap, competitive go-to-market positioning, and marketing approach.
- Significant retail industry experience with deep understanding of the vertical’s nuanced landscape, needs and requirements.
- Extensive digital media experience with understanding of the competitive market landscape for audience targeting and media measurement.
- Strategic thinker, skilled communicator, and seasoned influencer with demonstrated ability to drive consensus at all levels, including senior executive leadership.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and then translate them for less technical audiences
- Self-starter that does not wait to be told what to do – sees an opportunity, defines an action plan, and runs with it.
- Self-driven with a strong sense of urgency, requires minimal oversight to drive challenges to closure.
- Possesses high EQ. Flexible yet not afraid to stand firm in their position and push back when appropriate.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and make a definitive decision.
- Play a primary role in defining and driving the overall vertical solution vision and long-term business strategy for the automotive vertical.
- Develop and own the annual vertical business plan and solution roadmap for Epsilon’s Retail clients. Collaborate with key stakeholders to set go-to-market priorities, product adoption goals and track revenue growth and important focused initiatives.
- Synthesize market feedback to identify revenue growth opportunities and competitive threats. Define client problems, size opportunities and prioritize initiatives for the vertical that are differentiated, scalable and repeatable.
- Lead by example and report monthly progress against established goals to senior management. Proactively implement adjustments to plans when they start to go off track. Push team members to exceed targets.
- Train Sales, Operations and Product on the “what, why and how” of the vertical portfolio of solution offerings empowering them to understand, embrace and evangelize.
- Work with Marketing to drive vertical customization of product positioning, case studies and marketing collateral that clearly articulates Epsilon’s unique market differentiations.
- Support the sales team by contributing to client conversations and new business pitches.
- 10+ years of experience in solution building, digital marketing strategy and/or consulting.
- Deep industry knowledge of retail vertical.
- Owned a product or solution from introduction through launch and into maturity.
- Experience effectively influencing stakeholders and driving resolutions.
- Strong communication, persuasion, and presentation skills
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree and/or MBA desirable; or equivalent experience
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.