Discovery Reagent Sales Specialist
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, disruptive chemistries, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Discovery Reagents Team
PerkinElmer’s Discovery Reagents team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include AlphaLISA, HTRF / TR-FRET, and DELFIA immunoassays. The team also provides a wide array of microplates and Luciferase reagents.
- Complete Territory Management: Manage all business activity for the assigned products and services in the assigned territory.
- Achieve and/or exceed Sales Targets year over year across specified PerkinElmer Product Lines.
- Ability to communicate the PerkinElmer vision across various scientific workflows and applications.
- Business Reviews with the Regional Manager.
- Ability to plan and maintain an accurate territory forecast.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, including key opinion leaders.
- Make existing and new customers aware of product initiatives.
- Ability to present and demonstrate product benefits and scientific value to customers.
- Ability to assist in assay optimization and train new customers on relevant products.
- Organize and promote events at customer sites to market products and services.
- Participate in trade shows/exhibitions/conferences.
- Build long-term account strategies to grow business within the territory.
- Coordinate with PerkinElmer Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Work with other sales teams and business functions to promote PerkinElmer solutions.
- BS in the life sciences.
- 5+ years in a laboratory setting performing drug discovery research, HTS, immunoassays and assay development, and a focus on microplate-based applications.
- Masters and/or PHD Preferred.
- Prior sales experience is a plus, but not mandatory (alternative experience may include Field Applications, Laboratory, Project/Product management, Marketing, or other functions in the Life Science industry).
- Strong communication skills, including writing emails (internal/external), effective communication in person and on the phone with a variety of personality types.
- Capacity to effectively provide consultation and pivot across Virtual and F2F selling models.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and with a variety of business functions.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Is very well organized, stress resistant and versatile.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market
- Overnight travel for sales calls, conferences, and required training and sales meetings (about 5% travel).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel for the purposes of analyzing territory business trends.
- Experience with assay data analysis.
- Experience or ability to learn CRM (SFDC) analytical software and prospecting tools.
PerkinElmer Core Values
At PerkinElmer our values represent what we embrace as a company and as employees and how we engage in the actions we take every day. They are the guiding principles for everything we do—interacting with customers, suppliers, shareholders, community; setting standards and measuring our performance; developing ourselves and others; and generating ideas and solutions.
Our values encourage our ingenuity, activate our passion and inspire our actions, as we always strive to find new ways to make our work environment and our work product better, and CREATE.
COMMITTED TO CUSTOMERS
We understand, prioritize and problem-solve for the needs of those we serve and the challenges they face. This means taking on a customer–internal and external–orientation and perspective and designing solutions with the customer in mind.
Consistent delivery of critical results and a relentless effort to meet all commitments–internal and external. This means driving ambitious but realistic results; doing what it takes to achieve high performance and competitive excellence. Results focus is demonstrated through persistence, commitment and follow through while maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
ETHICS & INTEGRITY
A thoughtful mentality applied with the highest ethical standards allows us to make deliberate decisions and smart choices with the utmost integrity at all times. This core value underlies what it means to “live the values,” providing a consistent role model of principled and ethical behavior, and always seeking to “do the right thing.”
We think and do because our expert knowledge combined with our bias for action yields a powerful combination that continues to set us apart. This means making decisions in a timely fashion, being proactive and constantly looking for better solutions.
We actively engage and involve others to build solutions that reflect the sum of our collective talents and in the process bring out the best in all of us. This means supporting and inspiring others based on the belief that everyone at PerkinElmer can produce the best outcomes through
Curiosity fuels our engines and ideas keep them running on our endless quest to find new ways to do things better. This means demonstrating a drive to implement new ideas and innovation, take calculated risks and think outside the box.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.