Field Marketing Specialist 1
You have the skills to drive profitability through marketing and the implementation of services.
Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced Field Marketing Coordinator for Merrimack College. Merrimack College is a fast-growing private institution that was founded in 1947. Located in North Andover, Massachusetts it has a total undergraduate enrollment of 4,015, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 220 acres with nearly 40 buildings This $10M Campus dining account includes a Student Dining Hall, 7 Retail Outlets (Food Truck, Pizzeria, Cafes, Burger, Tossed Salad and Sub Sandwich Outlets), Sports Concessions and Catering.
The Field Marketing Coordinator will improve the customer experience through a well-thought out marketing strategy in order to drive sales and draft communications to students for program knowledge and oversee event coordination. He/She will engage and integrate into the student body in order to obtain honest and constructive feedback and suggestions while supporting the website/social media channels, analyzing data and working with clients to create advertisements for students. If you have experience with successfully presenting to C-Suite Level Leadership and the student body, working with Marketing Interns and executing new concepts in campus dining, this position will be the perfect leadership opportunity!
Prior experience should include being the sole marketing support of one account for at least one year. This position will require travel to the other accounts.
The successful candidate will:
- work with managers, clients, the District Manager and Vice President in all matters relating to marketing, to help establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship; and/or
- be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all marketing activities throughout the enterprise, through subordinate managers, supervisors and front-line employees.
- Supports growth by executing growth initiatives, including: Non-Mandatory Sales/Pricing/Retail & Catering/New Sales & Retention/eCommerce & Mutualized Promotions
- Executes cascaded plans intended to increase customer insight/satisfaction through Surveys/Focus Groups/Engagement Promotions and relevant technology
- Implements cascaded internal/external communication through Websites/Social Media/Innovation Sharing/Best Practices
- Supports program awareness through a physical presence at site
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- strong marketing background and writing skills;
- strategic leadership, talent management, as well as exceptional communication and project management skills;
- strong computer skills, with a preference for experience with Scala;
- best in class presentation skills, with extensive PowerPoint experience;
- team development skills;
- client relationship skills and the ability to quickly respond to client and management needs;
- the ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage workload; and / or contract food services experience (preferred).
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
- Drives growth through planning, development and execution of growth initiatives, including: Non-Mandatory Sales/Pricing/Retail & Catering/New Sales & Retention/eCommerce & Mutualized Promotions
- Develops and implements plans intended to increase customer insight/satisfaction through Surveys/Focus Groups/Engagement Promotions and relevant technology
- Develops and implements internal/external communication through Websites/Social Media/Innovation Sharing/Best Practices
- Forges collaborative relationships to create transformative customer experiences
- Establishes program awareness through a physical presence at site
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.