Firmware Engineer - Intern
We are seeking a creative and analytical skilled intern in computer engineering school who can assist our engineering in firmware development with reviewing, writing, and testing source code. The individual will work in a dynamic team environment interacting with mechanical, electrical, software, manufacturing, and service engineers, as well as physicists, chemists, consultants, and customers.
This is an on site role, you will be reporting to Shelton, CT
- Creation and modification of C/C++ code in Eclipse environment
- Troubleshooting source code and code review JIRA issues.
- Assist electronic engineers in develop firmware for testing individual module
- Participates in and assists in the decision-making process of team design revie
- Enrolled in a University for the 2023 school year working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Studying / concentrating in Computer Science Engineering
- Knowledgeable in Computer languages (C, C++, Linux)
- Experience with development tools (Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Communication Interface (SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet, etc.)
- Positive attitude, high energy, and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on engineering with good communication skill
- Strong troubleshooting aptitude
- Must be fluid in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.