Global Compliance Engineer
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology, is searching for an experienced Compliance Engineer to drive our current instrumentation technology to the edge of science. The individual will become a key member of a prestigious group of senior researchers, partners and collaborators. The position reports into PerkinElmer’s R&D organization of more than 800 resources located on 3 continents.
- Provide compliance subject matter expertise to research and design teams for New Product Innovations and manufacturing engineering teams for existing legacy instruments.
- Use technical knowledge and significant problem-solving ability to help determine the most effective solution for complex problems spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Work in conjunction with scientists and other engineers to prove out designs.
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues with members of cross functional teams.
- Develop measures to support initiatives and strategies.
- Provides technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities and adjust plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- This role requires broad knowledge and application of worldwide regulatory compliance laws, directives and industry specific regulations pertaining to Product Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Material compliance regulations (e.g. RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals.
- Familiarity with requirements for EU CE safety self- declaration including maintenance of safety files and support documentation for EU Declarations of Conformity.
- Experience with Lab and Measurement Equipment (MEAS) category preferred, Industry standards 61010-1, 61326-1.
- Act as liaison with Product Development teams and contract agency laboratories.
- Participate in New Product Development design reviews to provide insight and advice on design choices as they pertain to regulatory compliance standards.
- Maintain 3rd party Agency files for safety testing through audits, file changes and inspection payments.
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g. Solid Works, Altium) to evaluate hardware compliance to certification requirements.
- Create EMC test plans and maintain EMC files and support documentation for Korean RRA, Australian ACMA, FCC and CE self-declaration.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the RoHS, and REACH regulations, sound engineering knowledge of materials and an appreciation of the design process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes to help develop designs which are compliant to regulatory requirements, cost-effective and reliable.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, DVMs) and simulation software packages.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of EMI-EMC management techniques to pass standardized testing of electronic equipment.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools to create/communicate design and test specifications/results (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Bachelor’s degree required in electrical engineering or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of recent experience engineering in a high technology environment.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.