Human Resources Manager 2
Come and be part of an exciting team with Sodexo at USAA in San Antonio Texas.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for all administrative and HR duties for our frontline employees to include benefits administration, onboarding and orientation for new hires, and overall employee engagement The successful candidate will have some experience with some Human Resource functions, including frontline hiring, benefits, hourly staffing and training.
If you are self-motivated and results-driven with Human Resources and/or administrative experience, you should apply now!
The successful candidate will:
- provide administrative support to Sr. HR Manager
- assists with new hire Orientations for Hourly employees
- have the ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred
- assemble new hire materials for new hire orientation; collect new hire paperwork (tax forms, I-9 documentation, etc.); create new hire personnel files; file all new hire paperwork accordingly
- maintain active personnel files, ensuring accurate filing of documents
- support updating applicant tracking system, phone screening candidates, and scheduling on-site or remote interviews. Track candidate progress, and draft offer letters and send internal notifications of new hires.
- comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- have a strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate will be:
- detailed-oriented, flexible, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities
- excellent organization, communication skills
- experience working in the Food Service Industry preferred
- possess excellent customer service skills for phone conversations and email responses;
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information
Handles human resource functions and administration for a single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.