Human Resources Manager
Sodexo is seeking an in-unit Human Resources Manager for The Pass located in Union City, Ca. This HR Manager will oversee 80 employee’s relations, focus on proper record keeping, manage new hires, complete payroll, and be the liaison between hourly and management concerns in a meal manufacturing and distribution facility. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and grow this new Sodexo segment while getting exposure to high-profile leaders and the future growth of your career.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs;
- execute of all Sodexo and client-required HR reporting;
- maintain employee files ensuring compliance with Sodexo standards;
- oversee employee relations, union grievances, and employee retention;
- address all Sodexo employee relations situations;
- be responsible for all unit-level recruitment including job posting and interviewing;
- facilitate all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee Onboarding; and
- lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Human Resources experience working in a large, fast-paced operation;
- the ability to administer HR practices and objectives;
- the ability to provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, and goal attainment;
- the ability to support and promote ongoing development of a superior workforce;
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment;
- union experience;
- computer literacy in all MS Office products;
- knowledgeable of California state and federal HR policies and laws;
- skill in the area of labor and employee relations;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced work environment; and
- superior communication skills, written and verbal, English and Spanish a plus.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manage wide variety of relocation processes from start to completion of employee’s transition. Multi levels of policy counseling to include household goods shipment, insurance clams, travel, and expense reimbursement. Select and Authorize vendors based on policy and requirements of employee. Make recommendations to resolve problems while acting as liaison between employee, division and vendors.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years of HR experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.