Integrated Systems Specialist - Medicine Design
Embedded within the Automation Medicine Design group at GSK to provide first-line software, technical & hardware support for their ThermoFisher Antibody Production platforms with the primary objective of maximizing system reliability.
The role will also work with the wider Scientific Services team to support a variety of additional automation platforms when required and will be based at Stevenage.
- Develop Training Packages tailored to the ThermoFisher Antibody Production platforms, intended for both LIS Engineers & the client’s scientific workforce.
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance regime for key equipment within Medicine Design at GSK.
- Oversee & participate in equipment support activities within Medicine Design at GSK.
- Act as ‘first-responder’ for critical equipment breakdowns, ensuring minimal impact on scientific activity.
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based upon error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis & trending of errors to mitigate their reoccurrence.
- Train GSK LIS Engineers on key equipment within Medicine Design at GSK and ensure skill levels are maintained by establishing a reassessment schedule.
- Train scientists within Medicine Design at GSK how to make best use of the ThermoFisher Antibody Production equipment, ensuring optimal routine operation.
- Develop support solutions built around the requirements of Medicine Design at GSK to enhance service delivery
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Vendor Service Organisation.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in their field of Laboratory Automation.
- Provide technical mediation in the event of long running equipment issues involving multiple vendors
- Help develop best-practice and facilitate knowledge sharing between automation SME’s at GSK.
- HND in a Mechatronic related subject
- Extensive experience in lab instrument support.
- Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
- Previous experience of working in multidisciplinary customer facing teams
- Advanced Technical Skills in field of expertise
- Experience of servicing scientific equipment.
- Understanding of device networking and communications protocols.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.