Intern Program- IT Rotation Intern (January)
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
Epsilon is seeking an IT Rotational Intern to support various teams within our Shared Technology Services group. You’ll gain in-depth exposure to the behind-the-scenes technical environment of Epsilon’s business in the fields of Network Operations, Systems Administration, and Data Center Operations. The candidates will assist with activities which may include one or more of the following: data analysis, reporting and metrics, automation and process improvements, data center inventory & asset management, and validation of logical and physical controls for secure systems.
As an IT Rotational Intern, you will go through an extensive Intern Program starting with an onboarding training boot camp to acquire the basic ITIL concepts and methodologies used at Epsilon. After the preliminary training, you will be allocated amongst the technology segments units based upon a defined schedule. As an intern you’ll participate in a year-long Intern Program, with 3 distinct rotations starting fall/spring/summer in which you’ll receive hands-on training. The summer rotation offers additional professional development training and networking opportunities with people throughout the business, including multiple projects & social events.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
- Monitor network devices & tools (NetBrain, NetMRI, Vistara etc.) and identify process improvement opportunities
- Review daily network requests; makes assignment of standard changes for expedited implementation
- IPAM database consistency check, identify and map IP allocation
- Maintain a network lab for critical change testing. Python Scripting to streamline process
- Maintain periodic report on OS & Security Compliance, EOL, EOS, and Device critical alarm
- Perform periodic capacity analysis for network, email and file sharing solutions in support of upgrade planning. Investigate & troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Provide backend server support for Windows & Network solutions including standing up new servers and maintaining existing servers.
- Support technical staff with the installation, configuration, tuning, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Data Center Operations:
- Perform data center audits & data validation of inventory databases
- Assist with inventory & logistics management including validation and tracking
- Manage Data Center Management ticket queues to process change requests through the tracking systems.
- Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis and task prioritization
- Assist with installation of new server racks, running copper and fiber cables, and labeling all devices/cables
- Bachelor’s degree candidate with a major in IT, Business Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or any other related focus is preferred
- Experience with requirements gathering documentation and reporting required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Visio); previous web development experience is a plus
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Understands concepts with networking, server hardware, ITIL, Microsoft/Linux operating systems, LAN/WAN, Routers, Switch, & Firewall
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team & build effective relationships
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-starter, with strong initiative
- Strong interest in the information technology space
- ITIL, Network +, Security + certification is a plus
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.