Laboratory Automation Process Specialist
The Lab Automation Process Specialist is a front-line technical professional responsible for partnering with Sales and Marketing to develop and implement automation solutions on Oxford Immunotec’s products in the Americas region. The candidate will serve as the technical lead for high throughput customer opportunities and assist Sales in converting competitive accounts. This is a remote position and is a key part of the North American (US and Canada) commercial team, reporting to Global Automation Process Manager
- Develop tools to analyze customers’ current state and assess process performance
- Design automation solutions to meet the specific needs of customers
- Develop tools to simulate the impact of proposed automation solution on operational and financial outcomes
- Support sales in developing and delivering customer specific value propositions
- Support with presentations, meetings and bid preparations
- Support in definition of implementation plan focusing on process change management
- Support customer adoption of new processes
- Lead in the development and delivery as well as gaining alignment on customer implementation timeline and plan proposal. This will also include lean process and site-specific roadmaps for Operational Excellence.
- Assist Technical Services Team to drive customer accountability to the implementation timeline and meet established go-live date.
- Sales – Develop and execute strategic implementation plans to prioritize, retain and expand current customers as well as pursue and convert competitive accounts. Additionally, the LAPS may develop and execute technical product materials to coach and train the US Sales team.
- Marketing – Assist in creation of marketing collateral and messaging for downstream and upstream products.
- R&D and Strategic Marketing – Assist in automation pipeline business case development.
- Quality Control & Regulatory – Maintain CRM (Salesforce.com) and follow all compliance and regulatory procedures through ETQ to retain knowledge and execute company policies.
- 2+ years of experience working in a combination of clinical and diagnostics industry laboratories. Must have experience in writing technical and commercial training documents and SOPs. Experience in immunology, infectious disease, microbiology or similar fields. Additional expertise validating and implementing high throughput equipment is also highly preferred.
- BS in Life Sciences or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma yellow belt certified or higher with experience in project management tools is preferred.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Able to deliver results with minimal supervision in a fast paced team environment.
- Proficient at uncovering key business issues, well developed analytical skills including data collection and opportunities, and ability to provide insightful recommendations for improvement.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Key leadership attributes, such as customer focused, results and metrics driven, collaborative and situational adaptability.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% or more. Role will require some international travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a passport.
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.