Manager, Business Improvement
Sodexo is seeking a Business Improvement Manager to join our healthcare team to support our UNC Healthcare system for the purpose of deploying business improvement and process change initiatives. The successful candidate will need to live within the local NC area close to the accounts. This role will be the primary resource of Lean expertise for a healthcare system and will lead on-site teams through the implementation of Lean, Kaizen and other business improvement initiatives. This role will be responsible for leading change, training, coaching, and mentoring our teams to adopt optimized processes at their sites. This role will be critical in the development, deployment, and maintenance of engineered labor standards. The Manager will also identify, train, coach, develop process change agents, direct reports as well as high potential future leaders.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop an operational understanding of all relevant current state processes as well as client priorities at assigned locations ensuring solution fit for purpose
- Identify and execute business improvement initiatives to ensure ROI targets are achieved
- Develop, deploy, and maintain engineered labor standards at assigned locations
- Assist in training operations staff on Lean Principles such as work sampling, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans
- Provide budget guidance to Healthcare Operations teams regarding disruption, loss of productivity costs, and startup costs as it relates to projects
Orchestrate and Lead Change Initiatives
- Understand national and global operational strategy as well as specific client needs in assigned area and funnel innovation and opportunity requests to IE director
- Effectively utilize the IE Business Improvement model to filter, scope, and prioritize change initiatives ensuring both a cohesive national strategy and key local needs are met
- Identify high potential team members within the organization and recruit, coach, mentor them in leading and implementing change initiatives
- Identify high potential associates within the organization and recruit, coach, mentor them in leading and implementing change initiatives.
- Lead a culture of continuous learning and development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 7 or more years work experience with process improvement projects
- 5 or more years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending)
- Data and statistical analysis, technical proficiency: Enterprise Resource Planning systems, databases, advanced Microsoft Excel
- Training and coaching
- Leadership, emotional intelligence
- Continuous improvement, creative problem solving
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and other Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools (NOTE: typically at a Green Belt level)
- Education or experience in industrial engineering
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
The Business Improvement Manager will be a primary resource of lean expertise for the segment and will lead cross-functional teams through the implementation of Lean and other business improvement initiatives. This role will be responsible for leading change, training, coaching, and mentoring Operations managers to adopt continuous improvement programs and methods at their sites. This role will be critical in the development, deployment and maintenance of engineered labor standards. The Manager, BI will also identify, train, coach, develop process change agents, direct reports as well as high potential future leaders.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.