We are seeking an Occupancy / Space Planner to join and help our team successfully manage our Life Sciences client’s move request activity. You will be part of a key team working alongside with our client, providing guidance to their workforce; meeting with, gathering, reviewing and evaluating business unit requests, as well as providing space occupancy and space utilization data analysis. Our team is also supporting our client in transitioning its workforce towards Activity-Based Work. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of data in our clients’ IWMS system, working as part of a diverse, supportive and talented team. This position will be based in Rahway, NJ.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure smooth transitions to and from spaces, buildings, and/or sites
- Ensure accurate reporting of information, and foster critical relationships between various individuals and organizations
- Provide space & occupancy planning services to manage the supply, capacity and demand for each sites and space
- Communicate with Department managers and/or administrative assistants to collect seating assignments and coordinate move needs
- Offer creative solutions in support of occupancy requirements for the Occupancy Planning team as it pertains to Moves/Adds/Changes (MAC) and local Workplace teams for spaces
- Present moves for review and approval, develop migration plans and conduct facility audits
- Maintain our client’s workplace standards including furniture standards and employee space eligibilities
- Knowledge holder to client’s workplace standards including furniture standards and employee space eligibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
- Organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs and priorities on a day to day basis, to deal with the business and the team’s changing necessities and requests
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude, and willingness to provide creative problem-solving skills
- Individuals interested in space data analytics in the Workplace are strongly encouraged to apply
- Exhibit enthusiasm and positive attitude with clients and peers
- Provides superior customer service
- Keen to enhance your own professional and personal skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel locally to work on-site at client sites, as required
This position will expose you to our Workplace Occupancy Planning services team. You will develop the skills in space data management, processing and approving move and space requests and then develop churn reports by department and building, playing a key role in audit processes for space & occupancy date and drawings kept in our client’s IWMS system.
Basic Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
2 – 4 years of experience in facilities/projects environment
Experience in space/occupancy planning at a strategic level, plus experience with interior office / lab renovations is highly desirable
CAFM system experience also highly desirable
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.