Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team based in Santa Clara, CA – but you can work remotely from anywhere in the contiguous United States. Come join Dell to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- C/C++ programming on Unix/Linux
- Experience with Networking protocols (DNS and DHCP) networking stack, IPv4, IPv6, debug and troubleshooting
- In-depth experience with platform, drivers, and kernel
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Python
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.