Principal Software Engineer
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Hopkinton, Massachusetts to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. Open to a REMOTE worker on Eastern Time.
What you’ll achieve
At PowerFlex we pride ourselves on the flexibility, performance, and reliability and of our software-defined distributed storage solutions. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing cutting edge software while providing creative solutions based on our business needs.
- Guide complex SW features through the and agile software lifecycle
- Gather, learn, examine, and balance software requirements, shaping them into actionable items
- Write high quality modular SW designs
- Implement great code
- Define and implement concrete tests and metrics to ensure the definition of done is met
- Communicate clear and accurate technical documentation
- Provide long term support
- Improve our stability by troubleshooting and integrating smart solutions to existing components
- Help improve development methodologies
- Coach peers partake and guide design reviews while driving best practices to constantly improve the quality of our product
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 6 years of hands-on experience with one or more of the following: storage, device drivers, databases, networking, embedded software/firmware development, Linux
- Terrific coding skills, in depth knowledge of C/C++
- Great team player who knows when and how to push freely when needed
- Strong knowledge in storage systems data-path
- Experience and understanding of Linux internals
- Bachelor’s Degree
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.