The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Client Platform Software Engineering team in Austin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Develop next generations products and will have an opportunity to shape the best in the world client technologies.
- Develop Proof of concept designs and implement them as product features with specific focus on diagnostics and serviceability of client platforms}
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong knowledge of Computer Architecture
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, C# programming languages
- Experience in feature requirements, architecture and design of applications which interact closely with hardware devices and operating system core, IPC on for Windows operating systems on different CPU architectures (x64, arm64 etc.)
- Experience with Agile SW development practices
- Knowledge of BIOS, Firmware, Hardware interfaces, Device Drivers, WMI
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree in related field
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.