Product Manager - Telco Edge Solutions Remote USA
Dell Technologies provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge, and respect every one of our over 150,000 employees and contractors. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We never stand still.
Join us as aTelecom Edge Solutions Product Manager on our Telecom Systems Business Product Management team in Remote anywhere in USA or Round Rock, Tx, or Hopkinton, Massachusetts or Santa Clara, CA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Global Telecom Edge Solutions Product Manager, you help to address the emerging market for Edge Computing solutions that Telecom Carriers provide to their customers. 5G is one of the most important technologies that will emerge in the coming decade and it will enable a myriad of important technology advances, from smart cities and IoT to connected health care. Dell Technologies intends to be at the forefront of leveraging 5G to enable new services and solutions for both Enterprise and Consumer customers of the Carriers. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as our Telecom Edge Solutions Product Manager.
The individual in this position will be responsible for identifying and driving development of solutions and capabilities for Dell’s Edge Solutions. The product manager will be responsible for developing detailed requirements and then adjusting and maintaining those requirements as Dell gathers information from customers and other stakeholders. The product manager will work daily with the Engineering team to optimize product delivery against the requirements and also interface regularly with the Sales organization and potential customers to ensure that Dell’s product roadmap will be competitive. The product manager is also responsible for setting the commercial framework for these products.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
The successful candidate for this role will have proven ability to build business cases and winning roadmaps with a background as a Senior Product Manager, Strategic Business Development or Product Strategist within a Telecom Equipment Manufacturer, a Telecom Service Provider, a Hyperscaler or within a technology company servicing the Telecom market. The candidate will have a deep understanding of Edge Compute use cases, the ecosystems that develop them and the buyers of the technology.
The right candidate for this role will be innovative and have a passion for the technology and a drive to create strategies to delight our customers and win in the market.
- Support Dell’s go to market organizations in engaging our Telecom and Enterprise customers to learn current and future market demands, document ‘user stories’ and craft winning proposals that create new market opportunity.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop market analysis, business cases, and steer product/solution roadmaps.
- Engaging with customers in sales support and collaborative development projects
- Drive the primary business plan and requirements and provide oversight and governance to all key areas of product management for the assigned products
- Direct work experience in the Telecom industry including knowledge of the vendor and supplier ecosystem, Telecom business and operational models.
- Previous roles in strategic analysis, business development or product management with responsibility for product/portfolio strategy, working across disparate groups including sales, operations, and Research & Development
- Proven history in leading cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Excels in understanding competitors and their products as well as potential partner relationships for the product along with Business Development
Engineering or Computer Science Degree
5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.