At PerkinElmer, we’re proud to offer innovative products that meet the needs of our customers. To help us continue expanding our offerings, we’re in search of an experienced product manager to lead a multidisciplinary development team. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offerings and an innovative mindset for filling them. This person should be a highly skilled market analyst with a proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of a product, from conception to release. We’re looking for a confident leader who can guide cross-functional teams in the creation of products that improve customer experience and grow market share.
- Lead microfluidic continuous improvement activities, with a focus on biotherapeutic workflows including glycoprotein, mABs and AAV/gene therapy by working both independently and as part of a team that includes customers, applications, academic, engineers, biochemists and/or molecular biologists, commercial and project managers.
- Support the global PerkinElmer microfluidic businesses and expand instrument capabilities by working with industry leaders and customers to develop innovative assays and provide application and technical support.
- Train field application scientists and create scientific posters, presentations.
- Drive the development of new biotherapeutic CE and/or Microfluidic sample preparation and analytical separation applications.
- Translate the needs of a biotherapeutic R&D and QC lab to application requirements.
- Create new applications for automated glycoprotein, mAB and viral vector quantification and diagnostics.
- Evaluate and optimize existing microfluidic assays through conducting microfluidic assay experiments and analyze/interpret results.
- Support the lifecycle management of existing assays and instrumentation.
- Develop and collaborate new concepts and conduct feasibility studies with the innovation and development team.
- Actively maintain professional and technical knowledge at leading edge by seeking out and attending workshops, reviewing technical literature, and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years experience in the life sciences/CDMO/pharmaceutical field.
- Doctorate degree.
- Five or more years of experience in cell & gene therapy and/or biotherapeutics.
- Five or more years of product development experience in the lifesciences.
- Experience with complex platforms (microfluidics, single-cell, cell biology).
- Experience with phased gate product development methodologies and tools.
- Ability to manage multiple activities / deliverables and prioritize accordingly.
- Robust analytical skills, paired with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a broad project team including R&D, marketing, sales, business development and operations.
- The position requires willingness to travel – up to 10% travel domestic and international.
Are you ready to help improve the lives of millions of people and create a healthier world? When you work at PerkinElmer, that’s exactly what you’ll do. From our dedicated scientists and world-class operations employees to our innovative R&D professionals and committed sales and service groups, we’re a unique team of global colleagues who come to work every day knowing we’re making a difference. Through innovation, collaboration, and belief in our mission, we strive to create an inspiring and inclusive culture for our employees, so they can be their best and, together, create a better tomorrow.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.