Sodexo, a World Leader in Quality of Life Services, has an exciting new opening for a Proposal Writer to join our Proposal Development Team! The Proposal Development Center’s (PDC) Proposal Writers are responsible for the development of accurate, compelling messaging and high-quality content for non-RFP proposals. The Proposal Writer will work with sales and operations teams to create compelling content that speaks to the clients’ needs without an RFP to guide them. The Proposal Writer must exhibit strong writing skills to ensure consistency and clarity to meet sales objectives and client needs. This person must ensure all compliance and regulatory restrictions are met.
This is a Remote Role that can reside in any state!
The successful candidate will:
- Write effective proposal content and produce content that is clear, compelling and credible.
- Follow Shipley Methodology in proposal creation and project management.
- Reviews and implements client changes and edits and responds with schedule impacts along with alternative methods.
- Converts information gathered from a variety of sources into usable content.
- Researches clients and their target audience to support creative messaging while keeping up to date with business challenges and competitor strategies.
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory restrictions are met.
- Collaborates and strategizes with teams to ensure a consistent message.
- Researches and presents concepts to clients.
- Works to support the team’s overall performance by supporting coworkers as well as leadership.
- Partner with clients to achieve effective outcomes and demonstrate excellent service spirit and a positive customer experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Proficiency with Associated Press (AP) style guide standards.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- APMP Foundation-level Certification preferred.
- Shipley Training and experience preferred.
- Adept at embracing brand voice and tone.
- Demonstrated proficient enterprise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
- Exhibits consistent quality control.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of content to various audiences, purposes, or media.
- Experience working with legal and compliance parameters.
- Experience in writing for Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) services preferred.
The budgeted salary target for this position is between $60,000-$75,000 based on geography and experience
Supports the business development team in crafting proposals and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses to secure new and retain existing business. Review RFPs and coordinate response with the business development and Creative Services department. Research and prepare written responses to non-core RFP questions. Attend bidders’ conferences and keep abreast of new marketing concept development, corporate initiatives and coordinate prospect communications pieces. Manage sales proposal template.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years of experience in project management
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.