Reagent Sales Specialist - Mid-Atlantic
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, organized, and assertive Field Sales Specialist possessing the drive and desire to exceed goals in the territory by selling the PerkinElmer Reagent Portfolio, NextFlex Library Prep, chemagen extraction kits, and specialty diagnostic reagents. The position requires a solid background in current research methods, and a strong knowledge of the entire Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflow.This includes sample diversity, extraction methods, library prep setup, automation options, sequencing platforms, microfluidic solutions, and data analysis.
- Meet or exceed territory sales targets for products and assigned business objectives
- Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenue
- Conduct technical demonstrations of the products including library prep setup
- Effective use of seminars and trade shows for lead generation and educational opportunities
- Negotiate contracts, execute pricing strategies to maintain and develop new business
- Maintain a strong customer focus through consultative selling
- Work with industrial partners who integrate our technology in order to create beneficial relationships
- Daily use of CRM (salesforce.com) database to increase sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy
- Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness
- Enhance customer satisfaction by building trust and developing strong relationships
- Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory
- Responsible for selling products into academic, clinical, pharmaceutical and government laboratories
- Support customers on product knowledge with internal/field application scientists
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of successful sales experience in the Life Science market
- Must have knowledge of entire NGS workflow
- Degree in Life Sciences (biology, molecular biology preferred)
- Knowledge of NGS preferred
- Library Prep ranging from extraction to analysis
- Understanding of NGS customer base and core lab functions
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights
- Strong business acumen, with exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on solutions-oriented sales
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline, effectively close orders and manage sales processes
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Approximately 60% travel
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.