The Receptionist position is the first point of contact for all visitors to BioLegend. We are looking for a responsive MS Office savvy positive person to join us at our new campus. The receptionist is to greet our guests, send communications to all our employees, and coordinate our in-house blood program. This position is part of the Human Resources department where he/she will provide additional administrative support.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet, assist and badge visitors of the facility
- Oversee the Blood Donation Program and work closely with Phlebotomist on supplies and donors needed
- Manage Employee Gifts program (Baby, Wedding, Bereavement, and Recognition program gift cards)
- Manage the checkout and usage of employee lawn games as well as monitor the return of temporary and visitor badges
- Assist with on-site employee and guest events, such as scheduling rooms, coordinating catering, creating promotional flyers, room set-up and break down
- Assist with Employee Recognition program, such as ordering supplies and distributing awards
- Distribute and receive incoming materials and requests and route appropriately as well as coordinate off-site packaging
- Manage wellness class and fitness sign-ups as well as employee discount store (i.e. movie tickets, merchandise, promotional offers)
- Assist with BioLegend employee communication as well as update HRIS and Intranet pages
- Maintain office supply inventories as well as some merchandise
- Reconcile and submit HR Department Expense reports
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to use Microsoft Office products is required. Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with an emphasis in customer service.
- Must be able to present a professional image, utilize sound judgment, discretion and maintaining confidentiality is mandatory.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
Experience with databases and developing surveys using various software programs
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.