Research Associate - Antibody Development
This person would be responsible for developing phosphosite specific monoclonal antibodies in BioLegend derived from immunized animals by performing antigen preparation, host immunization, bleed analysis, and cell lysate preparation. Techniques involved in this job include antigen formulation, animal immunization and tissue harvesting, cell culture and antibody analysis using ELISA and Western blot techniques.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare antigens for rodent immunization
- Animal handling and bleeding
- Cell culture maintenance and cell fusion (for Hybridoma team)
- Perform various ELISA and antibody detecting techniques such as WB
- Lab database organization and maintenance
- Coordinate with PLs for U lot antibody screening and characterization
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science with a discipline in cell biology, immunology, and biochemistry preferred
- Must be willing to work with small rodents
- Prior experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Must be able to work both independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate should be skilled in MS office applications
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and cell line maintenance and lysate preparation;
- Basic knowledge of immunology including but not limited to antibody and antigen interaction is a plus;
- Rodent handling and injection
- Previous experience (1-2 yrs) of antibody development and experience of Flow, ELISA and Western Blot
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.