Sales Specialist, Biologics Characterization - Remote CA
The Sales Specialist, Biologics Characterization is responsible for Direct Sales of the LabChip GXII Touch Microfluidics Platform and Consumables, primarily in the New England geography. This includes: Management of key accounts and customer relationships; Developing new business and implementing sales and marketing strategy and tactics, that are in alignment with PerkinElmer strategies and values; Expectancy to cultivate a positive customer experience;
Development of long-term account and territory strategies for the next 1 to 3 years.
* Territory includes: Southern CA, WA, AZ, UT, NM, and TX
- Technical proficiency with Analytical Instrumentation
- Understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development Process in BioPharma
- Ability to present and demonstrate products to customers
- Expected to keep up to date with new products and applications for Therapeutic Development
- Capable of discussing Therapeutic Discovery Applications with researchers in assigned accounts
- Engage with customers in a consultative manner
- Continually make existing and new customers aware of new products and solutions
- Actively meet new customers within assigned territory
- Manage time in an effective manner, balancing maintenance of existing business relationships with cultivation of new business
- Bi-weekly business reviews with Sales Manager
- Ability to project and maintain an accurate territory forecast
- Build long-term account strategies for growing business within the territory
- Build positive relationships with key opinion leaders
- Map relevant departmental structure at assigned accounts and gain access to decision makers
- Cultivate relationships with key decision makers, influencers, operations, procurement
- Manage expense account on a monthly basis
Cultivate a Positive Customer Interface
- Own the customer experience to ensure customer satisfaction
- Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination within PerkinElmer
- Build a long-term strong relationship with the customers
- Participation in Trade Show/Exhibitions/Conferences
- Must be professional and ethical with high Integrity
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Capable of influencing and motivating others
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team
- Should have strong communication skills: writing emails (internal/external), speaking on the phone, speaking in person, presenting to groups
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, can work well cross-functionally and with variety of personality types
- Well organized, stress resistant, and versatile
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure and being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries
- Fluent in English in both speaking and writing
- Willingness to travel locally by car
- Overnight travel
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel for the purposes of analyzing Territory Business Trends and PowerPoint for Customer Presentations
- Experience with CRM Software, Salesforce.com experience preferred
- BA or BS in Life Science or Chemistry
- 1-3 years of prior Sales/Business experience or Laboratory experience
- Experience selling Instrumentation to Biopharmaceutical Laboratories
- Experience with capillary electrophoresis or gel electrophoresis
- Understanding of protein and nucleic acid therapeutics
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.