Scrum Product Owner (BSA II)
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
A Scrum Product Owner for automotive will analyze complex business problems and serve as a liaison between business personnel and technical personnel to translate input from clients, account teams, and program/product managers into user stories for implementation by one or more Scrum teams. The Scrum Product Owner will support all levels of stakeholders as needed to ensure correct interpretation and utilization of requirements for software solutions. Candidates for this position will have prior experience serving as Product Owner on a Scrum team.
- Work with the client, account team, program/product manager, project manager, and project sponsor (any or all that are applicable) to document the requirements for new or changed functionality in automotive programs
- Elicit requirements using interviews, existing documentation, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
- Decompose high level business and user requirements into user stories specified at an appropriate level of detail for use by those who must base their development and testing on the requirements
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements if applicable
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process, and assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools
- Answer functional questions posed by any project stakeholder
- Demonstrate the ability to lead effective meetings, negotiate deliverables, and drive successful outcomes
- Serve as Product Owner for one or more Scrum teams
The above outlines the principal work and responsibilities in the job and does not specify each and every task that might be performed.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to identify essential requirements information
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation work sessions
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to all levels of project stakeholders
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize the work for a Scrum team based on business priorities
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to negotiate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven experience as a Product Owner on a Scrum team in an Agile software development environment
- 3+ years experience as a business/requirements/systems analyst
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Product Owner on a Scrum team
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience helpful
- Software development experience preferred
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), or a related discipline, and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.