Senior Clinical Data Analytics Consultant - Remote
PerkinElmer is seeking an experienced Senior Clinical Analytics Consultant – Remote to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and trusted advisor in supporting our customers with our clinical technological solutions. In addition to creating strong relationships with our customers and internal team members, this person will gather requirements; work with the development team to develop and implement clinical trial dashboards, and assist the customer in adopting the clinical solutions. This role requires knowledge/education in Data Analytics, Life Sciences and/or Information technology disciplines.
- Build TIBCO Spotfire analyses and work with PerkinElmer developed technologies for clinical use cases.
- Create a strong and positive relationship between the project team and the customer.
- Establish themselves and the team as a trusted partner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data analytics tools and data management processes.
- Understand customers’ needs and recommend a technical and/or process solution.
- Analyze data and understand how to use the data in the project.
- Design visualizations and lead the customer through an iterative design process.
- Understand and provide recommendations to data related problems.
- Deliver training to customers on delivered solutions.
- Create project team documentation (e.g., SOP, work instruction document, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree and five years experience in clinical data analytics field.
- Expertise in data analysis, analytics, metrics development, and data visualization.
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire or similar visual analytics tool.
- Three or more years experience delivering data analytics solutions to external customers in the clinical field.
- Familiarity with drug discovery workflows within the R&D space.
- Three or more years of client-facing business analysis experience in life sciences, preferably clinical, biotech, pharma, CROs, or data management.
- Experience with EDC systems such as Medidata Rave.
- Clinical, research, electronic health record knowledge, including clinical or research industry experience, the ability to learn the terminology and processes rapidly, and a strong understanding of clinical data and related data standards e.g., SDTM (CDISC), MedDra, WHO, etc.
- Expert communicator and problem solver, with demonstrated critical thinking capabilities, accurate and concise communication, the ability to identify the root cause of a problem and provide appropriate solutions and translate complex ideas into plain language.
- Proven abilities in planning and prioritization of tasks.
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, sciences, healthcare, or related field.
OTHER SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Strong aptitude for learning and applying informatics technologies to business problems.
- Experience participating in cross-functional teams and agile services engagements.
- Knowledge of databases, data architecture and system design.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (R, SAS, Python, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Experience working in a fast paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, JIRA / Kanban.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.