Senior Mechanical Engineer
PerkinElmer Inc. is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for driving new products from concepts into validated, commercialized products. In this position, you will have a very active, hands-on role in product specification through validation. Responsibilities will include system design, simulation, specification development, requirement documentation, and phase gate management. The focus will be on systems and products for research use and diagnostics.
- Provide strong technical knowledge and leadership to product development teams to aggressively deliver the company’s product portfolio.
- Through a hands-on approach, deliver results related to concept development, mechanical analysis, part/assembly design, product verification, and DOE-based problem-solving.
- Integrate new technology, techniques, and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce production costs.
- Apply sound critical thinking to design effective experiments to solve complex technical problems and work on exciting, translational, first-in-class product innovations in the fields of genomics, diagnostics, and lab automation.
- Participate in cross-functional product development (Prototype and Pilot), Quality and Regulatory Affairs, Operations, and Manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the larger group to maintain design control requirements including developing design inputs/outputs, risk management, verification, and validation.
- Upgrade, re-design, and modernize obsolete components.
- Create new detailed assembly drawings and bills of material for the production.
- Lead/support internal and/or external contract design resources as required.
- Work with operations and contract manufacturers to ensure cost-effective product manufacturability and testability.
- Communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Design and development of manufacturing tools and testing equipment or root-cause analysis of electromechanical systems.
- Optimize and build test and calibration rigs alongside the product.
- Work in version-controlled documentation in-line with ISO9001 & ISO13485 standards.
- Participate in Risk Management activities to ensure design shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) and two years of industry experience in Mechanical Engineering field/M.S. in Mechanical engineering (MSME) and three years of industry experience in Mechanical Engineering field
Solid works proficiency.
- Experience working in an R&D setting.
- Experience working in a life-sciences or physical sciences environment.
- Experience creatively approaching low-cost design solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in RUO product launch, in particular IVD experience.
- Experience with Oracle Agile or similar.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.