Senior Principal Software Engineer
Join us as a Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Hopkinton, Massachusetts to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Remote US is an option.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer, you will drive efforts across design, development, validation, and dev-ops teams to accelerate product feature delivery to our customers. You will need to successfully deliver customer-facing functionality for well-defined features in a team environment and are expected to be familiar with state-of-the-art tools and processes; and have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Develop a full stack cloud architecture for life cycle management of Dell storage and hyper-converged infrastructure products
- Work with a diverse team of architects and engineers both within and across product teams to collaboratively build a cohesive architecture
- Work with UX designers to develop a delightful customer experience
- Work with dev-ops team to ensure a continuous delivery of the product using agile methodology
- Mentor junior engineers to help them advance in their career
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 13+ years of experience in developing enterprise-class, distributed software solutions, with 7+ years of demonstrated technical design leadership within a small team
- Working knowledge of building scalable, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions using micro-services architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding in one of the key public cloud infrastructure technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong hands-on experience developing data models, algorithms, and workflows using object-oriented programming languages such as C++, Java, or Python.
- Experience with containers such as Docker and management of containerized applications using Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a geo-distributed team using Agile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.