Join us as a Software Development Manager – Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Austin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Development Manager, you will be a part of a team in a very fast paced, agile environment that requires strong technical ability, flexibility, sound judgement and creative thinking. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience designers, product marketers, software developers and validation engineers to create software solutions for Dell’s products that encompass middleware components, applications, user interfaces and cloud software layers.
• Manage the full software development life cycle including development, test, automation, CI/CD processes, security, and field support
• Align with Dell technology, marketing, engineering, and validation teams for software solution plans
• Create engineering solution and development plans by working with external partners and Dell internal engineering teams
• Work with engineering teams to resolve issues during development and ensure software solutions meet Dell criteria
• Represent engineering teams in meetings with other functional teams to align the current state of development activities by reporting development progress, status, and issues
• Work with Product Owners to refine and size epics and user stories.
• Manage Sprint execution to ensure that implementation meets program requirements and schedule
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 8+ years of experience in managing software development projects and developing software
• Experience coding, testing, reviewing in C++ or C# for Windows software
•Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and being collaborative under bold timelines
• Proficiency in writing and reviewing requirements, functional specifications, and design document
• Proven success in creatively solving problems and refining processes and procedures
•Experience with Intel and/or AMD system architectures
•Experience with Black Duck, Checkmark, and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.