Software Platform Engineer - Remote
As a Software Principal Engineer (Platform Engineering), you will help transform the way customers manage their data centers. You will become part of a global engineering team delivering CloudIQ, a cloud-native solution that provides proactive health, monitoring and predictive analytics. CloudIQ is a software-as-a-service application built on a modern platform with state of the art open-source technologies and a continuous delivery model. You will join a team of Platform Engineering experts responsible for all technology aspects of Datacenter functions for CloudIQ – adapting to new tech stack tools using the latest software engineering methodologies. Bring your passion and dedication to work with an amazing team to quickly turn ideas into great products.
- Work with a global cross-functional engineering team – creating requirements for new datacenter, identifying capacity/scalability needs.
- Understand end to end architecture of CloudIQ and Identify opportunities for new tech stack adoption while building right evaluation POCs.
- Involvement in seamless lifecycle management of Infra components – upgrades, redeployments, scaling etc.
- Responsible for Datacenter decom & migration activities.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Full-stack developer with strong Object-Oriented design principles and software development skills experience in using languages like Java, with spring Framework for Java, or Python.
- Good knowledge of Microservices architecture and strong experience with PaaS solutions – Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, PCF, PKS.
- Experience designing & working with NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Mongo) and Postgres.
- Hands-on expertise with Message Queues (RMQ, Kafka); Cache (Redis); ELK stack.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related majors. 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with scripting language like PERL, Python, or bash.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.