Software Principal Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer – DevOps/Telco to do the best work of your career and make a profound impact on the productivity of our engineering teams. This is a US Remote role.
What you’ll achieve
As a DevOps engineer, you will provide DevOps philosophy, culture and transformation in our ISG business unit, specifically focused on the Telecommunications unit. We are looking for someone to help drive continuous delivery, deployment within a Telco business. Working closely with alliance partners, suppliers and our end customers to deliver a fully functioning product. We are looking for someone to help drive the DevOps culture and philosophy along with workable solutions across and throughout this business line.
- Supports DevOps initiatives, code infrastructure bring-ups, build and integrate CI/CD pipelines, manage production systems, troubleshoot faults and analyze data for productivity enhancements
- Work with extended teams; project management, product management, partners, services, and other BUs to drive integration and adoption of Dell product within partner ecosystem and create a better application integration
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
- Support open telecom ecosystem interop testing based on O-RAN conformance specifications and end-to-end validation of O-RAN solutions
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong proven DevOps experience in transformation, driving culture and philosophical changes across large organizations
- Strong understanding of performance, stress and functional test plan design, execution and maintenance
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Experience working with software development processes including DevOps models, continuous integration, continuous testing, agile development
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch, and Kibana
- 6 to 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.