Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/jumprecruits/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jump-extensions/jobs/single-jobs.php on line 91
We are looking for sales professional for PerkinElmer’s Inorganic, Chromatography and Material Characterization product lines. Duties include presenting PerkinElmer capabilities in the marketplace, providing an interface to the end user customer, and representing PerkinElmer products and services in an assigned territory. The territory for this position is Mid-Atlantic (VA,DE & MD).
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Applied group services the Manufacturing, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. Our portfolio of environmental solutions for air monitoring, our Clarus GC and TurboMatrix ATD system is the world’s most reliable for detecting air toxics, ozone precursors and soil/vapor intrusions. We have installed in over 70% of U.S. state water testing labs, our NexION ICP-MS instruments remain the first choice for determining trace metals in drinking water.
- Grow Sales Volume. Execute a sales plan that is part of the region’s and company’s strategic objectives. Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability by utilizing resources effectively. Your responsibility is to develop a plan for each of the product lines which you sell in order to ensure that each line is fairly represented.
- Develop and implement business plans. Maintain an effective time and territory management plan that includes an ability to present business and technical information, identify customer needs and trends, promote and position PerkinElmer support services to customers, provide information about techniques and products, follow up inquiries about goods and services, maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company’s Customer Relationship Software (CRM), timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates, and rigorous funnel management in order to achieve/improve monthly forecasting accuracy and growth targets.
- Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems. Facilitate solving customer problems by recommending solutions that leverage your knowledge of competitive offerings and market dynamics. Requires that you maintain the necessary technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
- Teamwork Work closely with regional extended sales team, service team, product specialists, and business units in order to promote a high level of customer service. Provide local support for planned customer events throughout the year.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Direct sales or customer facing experience working analytical instrumentation is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of business factors effecting account’s profitability and competitive status as well as laboratory operations.
- Experience with analytical laboratory software and instruments are desirable.
- Experience working in the laboratories utilizing Inorganic, Chromatography and Materials Characterization instrumentation is also preferred.
- Overnight travel required 25-50% of the time.
- The successful applicant will be required to reside in the designated sales area encompassing, North Florida and South Georgia.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.