After the holidays and nice vacations, we know this might be the last thing you want to hear, but we will go ahead and say it anyway. School.
We are not trying to remind you of the long hours of lecture, mounds of books and sleepless nights of study that you have to commit to again. Instead, we have decided to bring you some tips on how to start the school year well.
Here are 30 tips to start the school year well
- Have a fresh mindset. Forget about the past school years and focus on this one
- Get out and start getting supplies for the school year
- Do what you have to do at the appropriate times. These include, but are not limited to assignments and projects
- Plan out your time and keep to the schedule
- Work towards making sure all relevant dues (and tuition) are promptly paid
- Copy your timetable. There’s no better way to be prepared for the school year than that
- Get notebooks for different courses.
- Make a habit of keeping notes this year
- Have a personal journal that you write in. Fill it diligently
- Set up goals for yourself in line with your academic pursuits. If you need some help with that, you can find some inspiration here
- Prepare to meet new people. Don’t be caught off guard, so have an elevator pitch on hand
- Make judicial use of time that gets freed up when you least expect
- As much as you can, avoid making complaints and throwing criticism around.
- Avoid gossiping at all costs
- Identify your strengths and improve on them.
- Look out for your weaknesses and make plans to work on them
- With every passing lecture, start imagining how it fits into your career choice. Even if it doesn’t, hold it as a bit of knowledge that would surely be needed sometime
- Have a regular sleep routine. Don’t keep late nights or cut your sleep hours for anything else
- If you don’t already have one, now is a good time as any to come up with a study plan.
- Plan to never skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day for a reason
- It would be nice if you can factor in regular exercises into your schedule. That would keep you mentally alert and physically fit
- A few days before you start to get into the school year proper, tidy up your study environment. That would include the tables, shelves, and study corners
- Find a way to beat stress. Consider all negative thoughts that get you worked up and plan to beat them, not worry about them.
- Make a plan to give yourself a pat on the back for the smallest achievements. It could be an aced test, a good score on a report or something else.
- Join teams and clubs that catch your fancy. Even if your friends are not into your choices, you can make new friends on the new teams/ clubs
- Find out how to graduate with honors from your department. It’s funny, but some students don’t know this. Don’t be one of such students
- Treat everyone you meet with as much respect and dignity as you will like accorded you
- Keep your mind open to new experiences
- When things are starting to get hectic, find a healthy escape. You could read a novel, go out to play with friends, play some games… anything.
- A change of scenery would do you some good. Alternate the route you take to school every day
These won’t take all the stress away, but we promise you that they will make the school year an enjoyable one for you.
Got another tip on how to start the school year well that we might have missed? Let us know! Share this article with your tip on social media, and you might just see your point make the list.
Enter your text here…